Wait. No. My bad. That should be “How To Monitor Babies From Almost Anywhere.” Damned spellcheck. We are not far from that day where cameras are everywhere, where Big Brother is watching. Well, maybe not the government. Facebook, I’m looking at you.
Today’s newest iPhone records 4K HDR video. Wi-Fi video cameras capture everything around us; from cops to stores to traffic to our children. Children? I’m not talking FaceTime. Stick the right app on your a Mac, an old iPhone or iPad and you can monitor your home while at home. Yes, think Cloud Baby Monitor.
If digital cameras are everywhere these days then why not put them to good use and, 1) spy on people for fun and profit, or, 2) monitor your baby while you’re busy doing something else. Yes, think nanny-cam. Cloud Baby Monitor is an app that you can download to your Mac, iPhone, or iPad and watch live video on another device while the camera rolls (so to speak; there’s nothing really rolling, right?).
Cloud Baby Monitor is a snooping package whose time has come. Grab and old iDevice with a camera and… insert your favorite alakazam noise here… you can monitor everything from baby to child’s room to backyard to cheating spouse.
Think of this as FaceTime without ringing first. Cloud Baby Monitor is feature packed and priced about right. Look at all it does.
- Video Baby Monitor – Enjoy high quality live video and audio of your baby on your home WiFi network.
- Unlimited Range – Enjoy the same quality live video and audio when you need to leave your house. Works over 3G, 4G LTE, or any other WiFi network connected to the internet.
- Noise And Motion Alerts – Get notified about all your child’s activities with noise and motion alerts. The alerts are automatically pushed to your Apple Watch.
- White Noise & Lullabies – Soothe your baby with built in popular lullabies and white noises. Create your own playlists with lullabies and white noises from your iTunes Library.
- Talk To Baby – Soothe your baby easily from anywhere around your house. When both parents are monitoring each of them can talk to baby independently.
- Multi Parent – Monitor your baby at the same time from multiple devices.
- Multi Child – Monitor multiple children from one parent device at the same time.
Think of Child Baby Monitor as three components. The Child Unit– a device with a camera; iPhone, iPad, or Mac. The Parent Unit – another device connected to the internet to monitor a Child Unit; Mac, iPhone, iPad, Watch, Apple TV.
Now you have an application that can be installed on an older iDevice (needs to have a FaceTime camera, of course) to monitor your home, baby, children, nanny, teenagers, et al. It’s like the Ring doorbell camera alert system but for inside the home and specifically for the aforementioned children, but just as useful on the road. The built-in notification system works almost instantly because of the motion sensor.
Of course, it doesn’t take much effort to see how it could be used for other purposes.