Email apps for Mac, iPhone, and iPad are not a dime a dozen. Some are even less. One of the best email apps for macOS and iOS is free. Yes, I know the shoe will drop one day. Free apps as good as the Spark email app cannot be free forever.
This is my saga regarding the email app I’ve come to rely on more than Apple’s venerable Mail app. Yes, the latter has more features, but I need to chew through email quickly, manage many different accounts, and that’s what Spark does better than other email apps with a price tag.
No. Love. Lost.
The problem with email is the love hate relationship. We love to hate email. Then, Spark comes along– for free on Mac, iPhone, and iPad– and makes email easier and more productive than ever. Gestures work to help users fly through a crowded inbox. Synchronization means all accounts show up on all devices.
Even the Spark app for Watch is good. Spark is fast, elegant, polished, and comes with just the basic features most of us need. Check out the elegant design in Spark for Mac.
Spark isn’t just about simplicity because it has plenty of features. It handles most email accounts and opens and displays IMAP folders with ease. Not only does Spark sync accounts between devices, it also has a new team feature to collaborate with team members on specific items in private.
Calendar is built-in. Search is fast. Set follow up reminders. Use quick replies. Or, send messages to other Mac, iPhone, or iPad applications.
My favorite feature is the Send Later function and it works on macOS and iOS. Check out how simple and straightforward email can be and compare this image with Apple’s own Mac Mail app.
Elegant, no? And Spark works exactly that way. Elegantly. Fast. Efficient. The superlatives could go on but you need to try Spark to understand my praise. Since it’s free, there’s little excuse, right?
Here’s a basic list of what you get for free.
- Smart Inbox intelligently bubbles what matters to the top and lets you quickly see what’s important in your inbox and clean up the rest.
- All new emails are smartly categorized into Personal, Notifications and Newsletters.
- Powerful, natural language search makes it easy to find that email you’re looking for. Just search the way you think and let Spark do the rest.
- Smart Notifications filter out the noise, letting you know when an email is important, saving you from notification overload.
- Your calendar invites have their own, beautiful card with one-tap accept. See if you want to accept it right from your email.
- Before you send an email, quickly swipe to choose the right signature for the occasion.
- Quick Replies get the point across with just a tap. Love, like or acknowledge an email in an instant.
- That terrible “forward” and quote mess in your inbox is now replaced it with a beautiful, threaded message design.
- Snooze an email and get back to it when the time is right. Snoozing works across all your Apple devices.
Everything you need. Nothing you don’t.
Spark is easier to set up and use than Apple’s built-in Mail app and works with Gmail, Yahoo!, iCloud, Outlook, ,Exchange, and Outlook, plus standard IMAP accounts. The latest version comes with follow-up reminders, the built-in calendar, plus templates for frequently used email messages that need a standardized format.
Where I see Spark going is toward a price tag. There is no such thing as a free lunch, but Spark can make a case for the enterprise with all the built-in team collaboration features that most of us never use. We’ll see.
Here’s the deal. I hate email. I love using Spark (especially on iPhone). Spark is free. Nothing this good stays free forever so I know the other shoe will drop one day, and when it does I hope it doesn’t land on my big toe– that’s the one I use for Touch ID to buy applications on my MacBook Pro.