Thievery? Yes. Post a photo online and there’s a good chance it will be stolen. Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and other search engines steal photos and make them available to anyone with a browser. People steal photos and that’s a good reason to use a watermark. Here’s one to try.
Watermarks are not the domain of professional photographers. If you value your photo and prefer that thieves not value your photos, then a watermark is the way to go. PhotoMarks on Mac and Windows gives you quick and easy watermark tools, and the companion Watermark app does the same for iPhone and iPad.
Dropping a watermark onto a photo, iPhone or iPad, is almost self-explanatory. Add text or logo, save or share. It’s that easy.
Simple controls let you adjust text color and transparency, add a shadow, or delete altogether.
- Rotate, Scale and Position with Simple Taps
- Select from a Multitude of Fonts
- Select from a Great Combination of Colors
- Set the Transparency
- Add a Shadow Effect
- Add a Stroke Effect
- Export Photos in Full Resolution With No Quality Loss
- Add Multiple Layers of Text and Logo Marks
- Undo & Redo Support
- Load Photos from Your Device or Capture with the Camera
The Mac and Windows version has similar functionality but carries the benefit of larger screen real estate and that makes customization easier and faster.
The Mac interface is simple enough to use but feels far less Mac-like than other applications. For example, the drag and drop photo feature– from Safari to app– gave me a notice that the image was not supported (it was; after downloaded and tested).
Otherwise, few complaints other than the disparity in price between macOS and iOS, though, admittedly, the Mac version has more capability.
- Batch processing with support for multi-core processors;
- Completely customizable Text Watermarks with pixel-perfect positioning, tile mode, rotation, multiline text, custom & textured fonts, shadow, stroke, bounding-box, and more;
- Completely customizable Logo Watermarks with pixel-perfect positioning, tile mode, rotation, scaling, stroke, shadow, and more;
- Smart Resize filter that makes the difference between landscape and portrait photos, for automatically reducing image size in pixels;
- Auto Rotate filter for automatically rotating photos to the right orientation or just use a predefined rotation;
- Graphically decorate photos with beautifully designed Grunge, Vintage, Picture, and Shape Frames, add a Shadow Effect, or a Simple Border;
- Completely customizable Rename filter with keywords and search & replace features;
- Upload directly to FTP or send via email;
- Upload to Flickr;
- Easy to use user interface with previews for every step of the process;
- Support for more than 50 image formats, including RAW formats from DSLR digital cameras;
- Save settings as profiles and easily reuse them later.
Both versions are nicely done, easy to use, and have all the features you need for basic watermarks with a custom flair. If you put value on your photos, make sure they have a watermark.